The children under the foster care system face greater difficulties as compared to normal children. They face negligence, abuse, financial and many other problems in their life. To bring such children in the mainstream of life, different NGOs offer scholarship programs for adopted children. Here, I am going to list all of the foundations offering scholarship programs to facilitate the adopted children. These NGOs offer fully-funded and partial educational scholarships for such children to polish their abilities
Read more: Best Pre-Medical Schools In Texas
First Responders Children’s Foundation Scholarships
First responders Children’s Foundation offers some particular scholarships to support the education of foster children. The scholarship values $5,000 per year. It can be continued the preceding year if you show good results in the first academic year.
- The biological, adopted or step-child is eligible to apply for it
- The scholarship is available for the students who seek admission in first Bachelor’s degree, a certificate from a renowned university or Associate degree in the US institutions.
- Minimum 2.7 GPA is required for the student
- It is available for the students who want to get admission in full-time study programs. It is not for part-time programs.
- Only the US citizens can apply for it.
Richard and Janice Van Deelen Scholarship
Calvin College offers this private scholarship for foster children. It values up to $1,000 for the students who seek admission in Sociology and Social Work programs.
- The minimum 3.0 or above GPA is required
- The student should enroll in a full-time study program.
- The adopted children who seek admission in undergraduate and postgraduate level are eligible for it.
- It is offered to the students of sociology and social work.
Vincent Bennett, Jr. Memorial Scholarship
This scholarship is dedicated by Vincent Bennett who remained a vital participant of Hero Awards Gala Committee of First Responders Children’s Foundation. It is not a one-time award. The lives of law enforcement officers and firefighters are always at a risk. After the death or disability of such officers, their children go into the foster care system. So, the scholarship offers financial aid for the education of such children. The scholarship is awarded annually to the deserving students. It values $20,000 for four years of the study program. This fully-funded scholarship pays you $5,000 per year. You can apply for this scholarship every year before 01 July.
- The scholarship is offered to the children of (late) officers of law enforcement or firefighters who laid their lives in the service of mankind.
- It is for the permanent residents of the US
- It is for the students who take admission in a full-time study program at an accredited university
- The minimum 2.7 GPA is required.
Foster Care to Success Scholarships
This scholarship is offered to the students under the foster care system. The students can apply for this scholarship from 01 January to 31 March every year. It continues up to five years if the student demonstrates extra-ordinary result the next year. It values $2,500 to $5,000 for one year.
- The applicant must be under the public or private foster care system for the previous year.
- He should be below 25 years when applying for this scholarship.
- The scholarship is offered to the students for undergraduate level only.
- If the student has already received a Scholarship from Foster Care to Success, he is not eligible to apply for it.
Department of Children and Families Adopted Child Tuition Waiver and Fee Assistance Program
This scholarship program does not award the foster child with a direct transfer of money. Instead, it brings 100% to waive off the tuition fees. So, the student can easily get admission in his desired undergraduate subject.
- It is available for only undergraduate level. The scholarship does not include postgraduate and MD programs.
- The student must be under 24 years when applying for this scholarship.
- It is only available for the students applying to Massachusetts public institutions.
- The student must be a permanent US citizen
- The candidates applying for full-time, half-time and part-time courses are eligible for the scholarship
Higher Education Opportunity Scholarship by the University of Florida
The University of Florida offers 150 scholarships to foster children in this category. These scholarships bring an opportunity of a brighter future for adopted children. The students get 100% to waive off the tuition fees. Recently, the University of Florida has extended the deadline to apply for this scholarship up to 15 November.
- Any student who is adopted, step or foster child can apply for this scholarship
- It is available for only undergraduate level. No graduate student or MD student can apply for it.
- The students of TEAMS employee are eligible for this scholarship on the basis of first come first serve
- The candidate should be below 24 years when applying for this scholarship.
- It is not only for freshman, but the transfer credit students (foster, step or adopted) can also apply for it.
The Adoption Network Law Center Scholarship Program
This scholarship program offers up to $10,000 to the adopted children every year in November. The scholarship was started in the honor of National Adoption Month i.e. November. It provides financial assistance to the adopted children to brighten their future.
- The student should be an adopted child
- He must be enrolled in a college, trade school, technical or vocational college or university.
- It is valid for the students taking admission in an undergraduate and postgraduate course.