Collaborations for Community Resilience was a daylong event featuring speakers from the local, state, and federal governments; nonprofits and communities to discuss climate challenges facing communities across the country. (Read news coverage of the event.)
Below are links to presentations from the event, in the order they were given. Please note this list only includes speakers/panels with materials from the event. For a full agenda, visit the archived page.
- Regional Collaborative in the Face of Coastal Change: Jennifer Jurado, Director, Broward County Environmental Planning and Community Resilience Division
- Creating an Economy from Resiliency: 10 Years After Katrina: Robin Barnes, Executive Vice President and COO, Greater New Orleans, Inc.
- Department of Defense & Community: Climate Preparedness and Resilience Planning Pilot Study: LTC Andrew Kuhns, Environmental Director, Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, Michigan Army National Guard Michele Richards, Natural Resources Manager, Fort Custer Training Center, Michigan Department of Military and Veterans Affairs
- Panel: thRIVe: Resilience in Virginia
- Hampton Roads Intergovernmental Pilot: Where do we go from here?
- Ann Phillips, Infrastructure Working Group Chair, U. S. Navy (Ret.)
- Chris Bonney, Citizen Engagement Working Group Co-Chair, Chair, Hampton Roads Center for Civic Engagement, Bonney & Company
- Dr. Larry Atkinson, Co-Chair, Science Advisory Committee, Slover Professor of Oceanography, Old Dominion University
- A Federal Perspective: Administration and Agency Priorities
- Closing Remarks
- Eric Letvin, Director of Hazard Mitigation & Risk Reduction Policy, National Security Council
Since June 2014, ODU has convened the Hampton Roads Intergovernmental Pilot Project for Sea Level Rise Preparedness and Resilience (IPP), bringing together regional leaders to develop a ‘whole of government’ and ‘whole of community’ framework for resilience.