A successful listening session hosted by ODU on March 11, with listeners and speakers from across Virginia and out-of-state providing feedback through public comment and group sessions. The sessions, organized by FEMA for feedback on the Federal Flood Risk Management Standard, were open to all community members.
Related posts and articles on the event:
- The Center for Climate and Security: FEMA Comes to Norfolk for Flood Management Listening Session
- The Daily Press: Sierra Club report warns Hampton Roads to prepare for sea-level rise
- Science Newsline: A Sea Change for Ocean Resource Management
- Channel 13 News: Sea level rise concerns in Hampton Roads
- ODU News: ODU Hosts FEMA Listening Session on New Flood Protection Standards
Speakers from FEMA during the event helped to describe and educate about the new standard. View a PDF of presentations given during the sessions.